I’m very excited to post about a new ebook from one of my favorite Christian Mom bloggers that I follow, Amanda from OhAmanda.com. She is the author of “Truth in the Tinsel” that I have shared about during Christmas, and now she has written “A Sense of the Resurection: An Easter Experience for Families”. I am SUPER excited she has come up with this experience for Easter to do with my boys! Here is an excerpt of her talking about this Easter experience…
“It’s 11:38pm. I’m supposed to be fast asleep right now but instead I’m finishing up last minute details for my Easter ebook, A Sense of the Resurrection: an Easter Experience for Families! Yippppeee! It’s finally here!
And now a few words from little old me, in Top Ten style…
1. This is not Truth in the Tinsel: Part Duex. This is a completely different thing, completely different story but just as meaningful.
2. This ebook is harder. Some activities require a hammer and nail, a canvas and a loaf of bread. (OK, it’s not all hard–some of the activities just require a marker and a spoon!)
3. You have to read. Read the Bible, that is. The Easter story is in all four gospels covering over 10 chapters. In comparison, the Christmas story is told in only two gospels and in less than 4 chapters! So, get to know the story. Read it before you read it to your kids.
4. Easter is not in the Bible. OK, that doesn’t really come into play in the book but I just have to say it. “Easter” is not a Bible word. It’s just NOT. I prefer the more descriptive, “Resurrection Day”. Carry on.
5. This is one of those Deuteronomy 6 things. Remember? Talk about them when you get up and when you lie down? When you walk along the road? All the activities you will do in this ebook are to be long conversations. I picture each activity as something simmering throughout your house, throughout the hours, days and weeks you’ll be journeying through this story.
6. There isn’t a set schedule. If you begin the activities next week, and do two per week, you’ll finish the week of Easter. But if you wanna do it the 12 days before Easter (that sounds like a song!), you can do that, too. Again, this is a slower book than Truth in the Tinsel. You’ll want each activity and idea to marinate for a few days before beginning another.
7. Printables. There is a really really fun printable included. I’ll give you a sneak peek, ok?
8. Why yes, that is printable bunting!
9. You should get this book. Yes, even with your 4 year old. Yes, even with your 12 year old. Yes, even if you’re afraid of talking to your kids about torture and death and resurrection. No, ESPECIALLY if you’re afraid to talk to them. I believe this book will lead you in leading your children to Jesus!
10. If you want more information about the ebook, becoming an affiliate or have some FAQ, check out the Sense of the Resurrection page.
OK. That’s all I’ve got. It’s 12:30am now! That means A Sense of the Resurrection is officially launched! Once you buy the book, please share your experience with us on our Facebook page or your favorite social media site with the hashtag #senseoftheresurrection so we can be inspired and encouraged!”
So, I downloaded my copy today and hope to start the activities with my boys tomorrow or this weekend. Hopefully I have most of the materials, if not, we will improvise. :) I’m excited to check out the banner printables for the days we might not get to the activity.
Did I mention that I have a newborn now? She was born on February 22nd (a little over a month old now!), and so now I’m trying to get back in the swing of things. I hope to have some posts on how we are liking this Easter experience as well as some other things that I have picked up from other Godly women to do with my kids to make Easter meaningful. So, more to come!
Do you want to pick up your copy of “A Sense of the Resurrection”? Through 3/28 use the code OHEASTER to get it at 20% off of $7.99. Just click on the picture below (I am an affiliate of OhAmanda, so I do get a small kick back. I only recommend products, books, etc. that I use with my kids and myself and love!)