Sorry for neglecting my blog. I just haven’t had anything news-worthy, and nothing has piqued my interest to write about. Being pulled in different directions doesn’t help either- that never happens with family-life, huh?
I wanted to update on my New Year’s resolutions:
1. Impress my kids hearts even more with His Word by using the Bible Study Fellowship (BSF), which is a nationwide Bible Study that I’m a part of here (check to see if it’s in your city- such an awesome Bible Study), resources for school-age kids. I plan on printing out the study for school-age kids to do with them during dinner, since our day is packed full with Landon in school. I’ve printed this out, but it is staring at me from our computer desk waiting for me to pick it up to do with Landon and Judah :) I have decided that we will carve out time after dinner to do this.
2. Memorize two verses a month with the Siesta Scripture Memory Team- which I’ve already mentioned. Memorized my first verse!! Just wrote down the second verse today!
3. Increase my cross-fit workout from 2 to 3 days a week. I changed my mind…
4. Create my own cleaning plan (again) for what task I do each day. Ex. Monday- laundry, Tuesday- Clean Floors, etc. Still waiting for my motivation to kick in…
5. Write more to my Compassion International Sponsored Child and pray for her. I think I might be one of the worst sponsors. :( Still hoping to remember to do this…
6. Make a decision whether to start taking classes in web design for the fall. I am enjoying learning on my own, but would like to learn so much more. On hold in my mind…
7. hmmm… having trouble thinking of more. Did think of one more- to wake up earlier so I can have a quiet time before the chaos of getting the boys ready for school. Three days and counting now :)
So, you can see the New Year’s list has been a fail so far with most, but at least I’m doing some of the ones that matter and that make an eternal difference in my life. I’m realizing it’s ok to make a list of goals and slowly make the changes that need to be made.
On that note, yesterday was the 15th and was the day to start learning a new Bible verse for the LPM (Living Proof Ministry) Siesta Team. The verse(s) I picked for the rest of the month are Psalms 25: 12-15. It took me awhile to decide what to pick this time. I’ve been dealing with some things where I’ve been asking God for wisdom to make some decisions coming up, so I decided to search wisdom on my Bible app on my phone. One verse that I already know that I love is Proverbs 3:6, “In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” I looked up the use of “acknowledge” here in the Strong’s Concordance and it means “to know or to have an understanding.” If we really know God, we respect that He is a Holy God. I had never thought of this verse this way, and when I found the verses I’m going to memorize the rest of this month it helped me to better understand them.
“Who is the man that fears the Lord? Him shall He teach in the way He chooses. He himself shall dwell in prosperity, and his descendants shall inherit the earth. The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him, and He will show them His covenant. My eyes are ever toward the Lord, for He shall pluck my feet out of the net.” Psalms 25: 12-15 NKJV
When we acknowledge, respect, and believe WHO God really is; a holy God, a God who can not let sin go unpunished, a God who made a way for His children to be redeemed through the death and resurrection of His Son… Only then can we begin to understand His ways and His will, keeping our eyes on Him which is all by His grace. I need to remember that as a child of God, He has given me “all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises.” As I continue to walk with the Lord and know Him more He IS doing a work in me and growing me in my knowledge of Him. My path is directed by Him, and He gives me the wisdom to discern what HE is doing in my life. Whew!
Sorry to be wordy and serious, but this is what He is teaching me and I wanted to share. What I love about having a blog is that I have an outlet for my thoughts that otherwise I might not have the opportunity to share with anyone or to myself for that matter (because I know that I’m not going to write it down in a journal, there’s just something about typing that makes it easier!).
If you are wanting some type of accountability to learn God’s word and hide it in your heart, you might think about joining the Siesta Team also. It’s not too late. You can join in at any time. *Your comment to this LPM post is your official registration onto the team. Everybody starts at Verse 1 no matter when they begin the process. (Word gets around and they often still have people joining in with them even in March and April. LPM doesn’t mind how late people begin as long as they can catch up, memorize their verses, and document each one of them on the proper post as an official participant.) This launch post (the link is in the bold sentence up above) will remain right here in this January 1st 2013 slot all year long and each new person will need to make her first entry here. This is how they track who signed up when it gets to the end of the year and it’s party time. What are you waiting for? :)
Whether you doing the Siesta team or not, what verse(s) has meaning to you right now?