Yesterday we put the hall tree together! I say “we,” but it really was Justin doing all the hard work. He took the hinges off the top of the chest, so we would be able to open it once the door was attached. I’m going to buy some handles at Hobby Lobby to attach to the sides to make it easier to pull the top off.
To screw it to the door, we had to measure to see where the metal was on the back of the chest (the part that stood out on the chest) on both sides and mark it on the door. Then Justin drilled in the holes for the screws. For some reason the measurements were different on each side, which later we realized was because there are wheels on the right side of the bottom of the chest and not the left. So, we will be fixing that tonight. :)
View of the back…
And the hall tree is together!
I should get the sample pints of paint in the mail on Wednesday, so I will update when it arrives! I will also be making a trip to Hobby Lobby tomorrow (if they are open on Labor Day) to get the hardware for the hall tree. It is cool that my project is coming together, and I can’t wait to see what it looks like once it is painted. :)
For the next post of The DIY Hall Tree Project Series, click here ~ Distressing My DIY Hall Tree